Immaculate Heart Academy is a member of the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA) and adheres to all NJSIAA policies as stated in the organization’s Constitution, By-Laws, and Rules and Regulations. These principals are the guidelines used to formulate Immaculate Heart Academy’s specific policies outlined below:
1. Students participating in athletics should insure that their conduct brings credit to themselves, their school, and their sport. The penalty for the display of unsportsmanlike conduct will be left to the discretion of the individual coach's pre-season policies.
2. The purchase of individual school insurance in September is highly recommended for all students/athletes.
3. Physicals are required of all student/athletes before the first day of practice. All physicals must be dated after June 1.
4. The student/athlete must participate in physical education.
5. The student/athlete must participate in physical education the day of a game in order to participate in the game.
6. Any student/athlete not in school before 9:00 a.m. may not participate in games or practices that day.
7. No student/athlete may participate in any game, activity, or practice on any day which she has missed school.
*Failure in two subjects for a marking period removes the student from any activity, practice, or games until subsequent grades show removal of failures. Time shall be based on the day the quarter ends. There is no possibility of regaining eligibility by good progress or like reports.
8. The student/athlete on probation is excluded from sports activities and all other extra-curricular activities during the time of her probation. The student on probation may not associate with the team as a team member during practice or games.
9 . No food or drink is allowed in the gym or locker rooms before, during, or after practice/games. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken for this infraction.
10. All athletes and cheerleaders are encouraged to attend the team sports award ceremonies.